[AMRadio] Dummy Load

Rick Brashear rickb at tx.rr.com
Thu May 15 19:51:27 EDT 2008

Thanks Bob.. that's good info.  It gives me a ballpark as to how much air I
need to move.
Rick

Well, I dug out the book for the smaller (5 KW) reject load here at work.

Unfortunately, they don't give the dissipation rating of the four 200 ohm
resistors.
And I can't see them without taking the bloody cabinet apart.

But, they're moving 450 CFM across them.
And state a maximum exhaust temp or 237 degrees.
Hmmm.... did you know that 5 KW is equal to 17,050 BTU/hr ?

I remember the load at the AM where I used to work had six ceramic resistors
about the size of a paper towel roll.
Forced air cooled.
But I don't remember the rating on those either....

Dang, guess I ain't much help.....

Bob
WB3AWJ
Loganville, Pa.