[AMRadio] Oil filled capacitors

Gary xfrmrs at roadrunner.com
Mon May 19 16:26:43 EDT 2008

Well, I could not resist. I have a tube of JB Weld in the shop and for
giggles put some on a piece of Nomex paper. I then dug out the hipot tester
and started to apply a dc voltage to each side of the glob of JB Weld. At
300 volts it started to show a high resistance leakage and at 500 volts went
to a solid short. I would not use it for the application intended on this
thread.
Regards,
Gary...WZ1M