[AMRadio] Oil filled capacitors

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Mon May 19 17:56:12 EDT 2008

I would NOT use JB Weld under ANY circumstance for THIS application.

I do have issue with silicone being an issue!

Silicone tape, Type 70, by 3M, is used in high voltage terminations AND
splices when they are taped type in lieu of the (junk) resin type.

I've run silicone tape up to 13,800VAC.

try:
<http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MElectrical/Home/ProductsServices/Products/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20OES1_nid=R682W6GZHRbe70Q1MK7N3Ngl>

click on documentation.  READ the PDFs

This is an indicator of silicone [NOT silicon!] use with HV.

I would NOT trust 5 minute epoxy.

First problem with 5 min epoxy is it's lack of strength.  IF epoxy IS to
be used, make it either 30 min or 60 min epoxy.

Bob - N0DGN