[AMRadio] Oil filled capacitors and power transformers

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Mon May 19 17:09:32 EDT 2008

Rick,
  I used a good amount of JB weld to cure the  leak on the PA plate transformer on my T-368.
  The leak occured at the bottom of the  conical shaped,  HV insulators.
  I had considered moiunting upside down, but there is certainly not enough room to do that in the T3.
  I was starting to look for another transformer, and then someone suggested JB weld.
  Yes, it does have iron in it, but I have it on the base on the insulators.
  The total insulation path has been reduces by less than an 1/8 th of an inch
  Been working on the transmitter  with full plate power on and off for a few weeks now.
  No arcing or problems of any sort and no leak either.
  de KA4JVY
  Mark