[AMRadio] RE: audio tutorial

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 05:31:05 EDT 2008

Ken you're right, that's a pretty good tutorial on
audio processing.  At first I thought it was going to
be another "do it this way, it is the One and Only
Right Way," but the author actually weighs one goal
against another to show they can be at odds.

B&H is a huge retailer of audio and video gear. They
match internet prices on "stuff," besides.  A couple
of their sales people are exceptional at putting
together elements that aren't marketed for the
intended purpose. For example, I made a short-handle
audio boom into a camera monopod for a DVCam by
looking through their catalog, mixing and matching,
and having them confirm it would go together they way
I envisioned.

But if you're shopping for stuff, B&H does not carry
everything, and I'd recommend other outlets too,
including Markertek (audio, cable, rackmount,
connectors), and J&R (audio gear). For RF, Tessco here
in Maryland is great. Website searches will turn all
of them up.

--Paul/VJB