[AMRadio] FW: Kanthal Globar Resistors Re: Want to purchase!

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed May 21 09:06:11 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Phil LaMarche <plamarc1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> These resistors are very expensive. 10% is over 150.00 each  20% is over
> 120.00 each.  I was shocked. I'll post the quote when received.

They were never cheap items to start with, but like so many other
things we've taken for granted as being fairly common over the years,
lower demand makes them more of a specialty item and costs go up.

I'm sure Don will agree: this is where being a packrat over the years
comes in handy. They still show up at hamfests from time to time in
the 'affordable' category.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ