[AMRadio] Oil filled capacitors

AAR7IR - Mo MARS AAR7IR at Hotmail.Com
Thu May 22 22:59:25 EDT 2008

Hi Don,

My dad (KBØTLZ) who started out on spark gap in the West VA mountains was a
well
published research chemist for Mallinckrodt.  Dad got a ticket after he
retired so he could
talk to his five boys on ten meters.

As you recall we had a huge dioxin issue in Missouri in the 80's.

Pop started his career on the tail end of the Manhatten project at WU in Stl
and he also
smoked for 50 years.  He did die of cancer 2 years ago at the age of 83.

Dad said the EPA and the rest of them really didn't know what dioxin did to
a person
but it was a fact that it degenerated in nature with exposure to natural UV.

I just thought I'd pass those words along.  I am not a chemist (published or
unpublished)
so I can't validate Dad's words, but most of his contemporaries respected
his opinion.

How have things been going ?

I enjoy your postings.

John