[AMRadio] Fuse advice

Joe Bento N6DGY at kirtland.com
Wed May 28 18:11:56 EDT 2008

I tried an experiment once when I needed a 1500V fuse at 15A.  IIRC, a
single strand from #22, which I believe is made from 7/32, will break at
about 7A current.  I used two strands until I could get the correct
fuse.  High voltage fuses are also EXPENSIVE.  Current capacity for wire
is easy enough to find.  I can't remember seeing a list for melting point.

73,
Joe, N6DGY
Pleasant Grove, UT