[AMRadio] Upper Bands wide Open

Ellen Rugowski ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 29 20:50:57 EDT 2008

I was just on 6m.  A friend of mine sent me an e-mail to tell me that he
worked Puerto Rico with 5W on 6m, at 5:30 CDT.  So I abandoned plans to do
10m (which seemed to be open), and went to 6.  I just finished calling CQ on
50.400 for the past 10 or 15 minutes.  I thought I briefly heard heard bits
and pieces, about 5 minutes ago, but nothing since. I checked 6 between
50.070 and 50.200,  and heard nothing.  10 is also dead.  I will be checking
10, and ESPECIALLY 6m off and on for the next couple of hours or so.  I
haven't done any 6m AM since last summer, and that was with the FT-897D I no
longer have.  I want to get in some AM QSOs on 6, with my FT-620B.

73,
Ellen - AF9J