[AMRadio] Rinaldo to RETIRE !!!

Joseph Bento n6dgy at kirtland.com
Fri May 30 00:58:21 EDT 2008

And let's not forget the "Doctor is In" column stating the dangers of
how one must never ever operate a transmitter with tube finals, nor
purchase vintage equipment.  Beginning hams can't be expected to learn
how to dip the plate and bring up the load.

Sad.  Really sad.

I enjoyed my Dayton visit immensely.  I am an ARRL member, though I do
not give them my undivided support.  I did not even step into the ARRL
realm at Hamvention, though I really did feel like getting my nerve
together and tell the good doctor what I though about his dissuading
newcomers from buying vintage equipment.  Encouragement might take
away advertising dollars,  after all.

73,
Joe, N6DGY
Pleasant Grove, UT