[AMRadio] Where to crank up on 15 Meter AM?

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Fri May 30 23:04:21 EDT 2008

I read somewhere long ago that people checked 21.420 for AM activity, so
that's where I've been firing up whenever I think the band may be open.

However, if some of the people who *used to get on 14.286 used that crystal,
they would land on 21.429, assuming, of course, that it was a 40 meter rock
in the first place.

Thus, the question is, should 21.429 be checked first?

In an ideal world, we'd have AM contacts going from at least 21.400 to
21.445, perhaps even below 400, using whatever spacing worked.

Remember, 15 meters is ours for the taking!

Just think how surprised the IARU Police will be when the band pops open
worldwide, and there we are; droves of AM operators!

I think I'll go to sleep with that thought, and see what Saturday brings in
the way of AM activity.

Mike Duke, K5XU