[AMRadio] RE: Tower ID

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Nov 10 12:28:05 EST 2008

> http://www.westernequipment.com/Docs/DMXN%20Announcement.pdf
>
> I hope this helps! The old Delhi's were VERY rugged systems --- I couldn't
> be more pleased here with mine...and judging by what's on the Wade
> Antennas
> website, they're even better now...

> ~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

Those towers are a much more attractive design, with the constant  taper
from bottom to top, than the BX stepped design.  Not only do they look
better aesthetically, I would say they are mechanically more  rugged.  It
would appear to me that twist stress, which is of particular concern with a
self-supported tower,  would be more heavily concentrated at those tapered
steps at the top of each section of the BX, while the constant taper would
evenly distribute the stress along  the entire length of the tower.

Don k4kyv