[AMRadio] Broadcast transmitter rescue

Al Waller k3tkj at qsl.net
Wed Nov 19 20:19:02 EST 2008

Last year I rescued a Gates BC-1 and an RCA BT-1 that I passed on to WA3GGM
as he had a passion for these that I did not. However his enthusiasm has
rubbed off on me and I have located a Collins 20V-2. This one will be mine
after restoration and conversion. It was the backup box at a 500w AM station
that went QRT last Monday. So Saturday morning I will go get it and haul it
home..... thinking of what to tell the wife as I type this.

So my question to the group. Who is the Collins 20v-2 guru and how much will
be involved to move it from 610khz to 1885khz.

73, Al  K3TKJ