[AMRadio] Why Only 75M

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Sat Nov 22 13:23:42 EST 2008

Here in the COLONIES the published 40M AM calling frequency is 7290.

But in a few months the SWBC operations are supposed to vacate 7100 to 7200. Some time back I suggested setting up a new 40M AM calling frequency below 7200. I got a lot of bitching. It seems every thing between 7125 and 7200 is spoken for.

But I don't seem to her any phone operation in that section. Even during contests I only hear the SSB phone people operating between 7200 and 7300.

An AM calling frequency like 7190 would be nice because it would allow people with General ticket to participate.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Kent (Seattle), Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"