[AMRadio] Why Only 75M

Craig C. Heaton wd8kdg at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 22 13:34:15 EST 2008

Hi Bob,

Wish there were an answer to your question. After moving to the Pacific
Northwest several years ago I put up a 40 dipole. Called CQ for days on
7.290 with little results. Every blue moon I might catch AB7YD out of
Seattle. Most of the daylight hours 40 is dominated by foreign broadcast. I
was just out to the shack at 9 AM, listened for a few minutes and decided
too much FBC!

So, my short answer; I put up a 75 meter full wave loop and joined the AM
crowd @ 3.870. Short note, I do hear some carriers on 7.293MHz and I think
they are So-Cal station on AM.

73's

wd8kdg