[AMRadio] 40 meters

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Sat Nov 22 19:52:36 EST 2008

My interest in 40M is mostly because a have a severe antenna limitation. I
live in a 20' by 20' RETIREMENT CLOSET!

I live on the 4th floor with my windows facing south. At least they are not
facing North! I have a 40M dipole 6" below the ceiling. The center is in the
SE corner. The hot leg goes West about 18" then turns North. The
counterpoise  goes North from the feedpoint about 18' then goes West.

I can recive on this KLUDGE on contest days. It seems to take current OK on
40M. I need to try loading this thing on 15M also.

I am interested in trying to promote 40M AM activity. But is seems the only
interest here in the PNW is on 3870. And I have not heard anything there in
over 18 months.

But I did hear some weak AM on 3885 this morning. I understand it is a
Calif. group. I have heard them before.

It would be nice to get some AM activity back on 20M also.

I don't know what is happening in the rest of the US but here in the PNW it
seems the only time me or some of my friends hear anything at all is during
contests.

Anyway my DX-60 is ready to try on 40M AM!

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Kent (Seattle), Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"