[AMRadio] Broadcast transmitter rescue Update

Rick rickb at tx.rr.com
Sat Nov 22 21:44:33 EST 2008

Great pictures! The old gal looks to be in pretty good shape.
Congratulations!
Rick/K5IAR

I left the house at 6AM this morning and drove 200 miles to Winchester,
Virginia to retrieve the Collins 20V-2 that was given to me. The station
went QRT Monday and yesterday all 4 320' towers were dropped by cutting
guy anchor. I was sad to see the destruction of a 60 year old AM site
just
so a housing project can be started. The 20V-2 is in fine shape, a few
obvious thing need to be addressed....and it has 48 years of dirt to be
dealt with.

Here are some pictures of today's exploits and I will post some more
tomorrow after I unload the truck and trailer.

73, Al K3TKJ