[AMRadio] 40 meters

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Sat Nov 22 22:44:21 EST 2008

I got my Novice ticket in 57. The 40M Novice segment in those days was 7050
to 7200. I don't remember a problem with SWBC. We would operate from after
dinner until about 11PM on weekdays and later on weekends. And it seemed
continuous!

In those days phone was AM. SSB was the new kid on the block. A lot of
people in those days were running ARC-5s. Rich people had DX-100s and
Rangers. And you had to be rich to have a SSB rig in those days or you built
your own. And a lot of people did just that.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Kent (Seattle), Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"