[AMRadio] 40 meters

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Sat Nov 22 23:20:33 EST 2008

Brett Gazdzinski wrote:
> Some interesting stuff in the card file, like KF9KU, Gill, in
> Millwalkee Wisconson running a ranger, or Jeff,W4OMX in Virginia who
> used to run Gonset G76, K4HOL, Ralph, North Carolina, with a globe
> king, why dont i ever hear Globe kings anymore?

Brett, can't speak for the others but Gil KF9KU is active on 75 AM at
least,  heard him this morning on the Midwest Classic Radio Net as
usual.  Out of a total of typically 50 check-ins on a Saturday there'll
be at least 3 or 4 Globe Kings, also today there was one Globe Champ
along with the other heavy iron like T-368s and converted broadcast
rigs.   I'm thinking when we start to get 10 meter openings again we'll
hear some of those Globe Kings up there, where some of the other big
rigs won't go.

73, Bob W9RAN