[AMRadio] Re: Broadcast transmitter rescue Update

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 09:07:24 EST 2008

Nice set of pictures, Al.

Someone elected to use the JAN version of the Eimac 4-400, at least a couple of examples out of the four in there. So what if the tubes are 20+ years old.

Did you catch any other loot out of there?  Nice that they sent along some spare tube stock, that's always helpful.

Let me know if you've got the book for that transmitter -- I may have one or a copy around here somewhere.

So what becomes of the station? Is this also a studio site that they are tearing down to produce more toxic mortgages?  It would be way cool if the station also has, say, a Collins tube board or something from the period to bolt up to the 20V2.

Mike, W8BAC has this beauty driving a 20V3.

http://www.wa3vjb.com/pics/VTN%27s212.jpg

His transmitter rescue story is here:

http://www.w8bac.com/