[AMRadio] Low Power AM?

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 15:21:02 EST 2008

I've had several complete and quite enjoyable 20 meter AM contacts running
only my TS570, which is my only functioning AM rig at present.

Granted, most of the other stations were running full power, or at least a
Viking II power level.

But, if you can get into a qso on 20 with a reasonably good signal, it works
well at low power as long as the frequency is clear.

However, as was mentioned here recently, it's been months since I heard
anyone on AM on 14.286, or anywhere else on 20 meters.