[AMRadio] Low Power AM?

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 17:46:17 EST 2008

Pete,

The specific reference he provided was for the DX-60.

The reduction in loading is followed by checking the grid drive NOT
dipping the plate.

I have the complete condensed copy of the manual from Heath which
includes the HG-10.

I agree with check the dip of the final.

Hence my comments, and also my comment that Novices did NOT have AM or
Voice privileges.

Bob - N0DGN

Peter Markavage wrote:
> I must be missing something in your words Bob (DGN). If, after operating
> at some plate current and RF output using a PI network, and now you want
> to reduce output, why would reducing the loading and re-dipping the plate
> capacitor (to return to resonance), become "non-resonant" unless the
> words that Bob (MYJ) used, "maintain the dip" means that he doesn't
> re-dip the final after a loading control change. Since the beginning of
> (my) time, the last thing I always do in a tune up procedure is to dip,
> or check the dip, of the final.
>
> Pete, wa2cwa
>
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:08:51 -0500 rbethman <rbethman at comcast.net>
> writes:
>
>> Bob,
>>
>> I'm NOT Pete.  He may feel insulted.  LOL
>>
>> You're using a PI network, NOT a link tuned system.  If you reduce
>> go
>> NON-RESONANT.
>>
>> This opens a whole other can of worms.
>>
>> Bob - N0DGN
>>
>> Bob Macklin wrote:
>>
>>> No Pete,
>>>
>>> I am saying to reduce the load capacitor and maintain the dip on
>>>
>> the plate
>>
>>> capacitor.
>>>
>>> It's the same as reducing the coupling on a link coupled final.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>> K5MYJ

Bob - NØDGN