{SPAMFILTER} Re: [AMRadio] 40 Meter AM Ops from the Past

Anthony W. DePrato wa4jqs at mikrotec.com
Sun Nov 23 20:31:54 EST 2008

At 09:21 PM 11/23/2008, you wrote:
>How about the AM operators of the past on 75m?

yes I ran AM up till 1969 when mom and dad need SSB to stay in
contact with me as i sailed the sea's and humped the delta.. they
stayed on 3960 and held a net on weekends . Blue Grass Hoot Owl Net..
ran from 63 to 69. when the band was bad and i could not tell if it
was them i just put my receiver in SSB and listened to the freq shift
when they keyed the Globe Champion 350A.. well i have just about got
that old rig rebuild.. need to get the choke and tranny up to Gary
and get them rewound..
some may remember them  WA4LLK and WA4RTJ.. they had check ins from
all over the states and a few EU stations..
yes miss the Kingfish

73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
DXCC HONOR ROLL - 340
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227  F.O.P. LODGE 68
DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS WAC SSB WAC CW WAC RTTY WAC SAT
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
CALLS HELD:
WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1
ZD8JQS, V31SS, VP8BZL, VP8SSI, 3Y0PI