[AMRadio] 40 meter AM freq

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Mon Nov 24 23:42:53 EST 2008

AM does not have the critical tuning of SSB. And there are SSB people that either don't have RIT or don't know how to use it.

There is also a new bunch of people playing with these very simple I/Q direct conversion things that don't have a clue about older radio techniques.

I don't hear any 40M phone activity here in the PNW unless there is a contest.

We need to see what kind of 40M phone activity there is in the areas we live in.

I also wonder if some of these people are actually licensed!

Bob
K5MYJ