[AMRadio] License Classes, Dumbing Down, etc.

Phil LaMarche plamarc1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 25 14:33:15 EST 2008

All of these upgrade stories are fun to read.  I've been licensed 60 years
and am a general as well as the same call sign.  Retired in 2002. A couple
of years ago, a wonderful AM group got on 3870 every Sunday and it was so
joyful.  Sometime 20 stations. When the band changes came into effect, the
majority of them moved down the band leaving just a few of us and that
slowly went away.  I understand why they did it with the QRM etc but as a
result, I have sold all my heavy metal stuff. No need in having all that
money and no use.  Getting back on in smaller fashion.  I now have a Ranger
II that drives a restored Loudenboomer amplifier and a R388 Collins that
Chuck Felton hot rodded.

I tried to upgrade and found out my 70 year old brain wasn't as good as it
once was.  Studied for months learning each section and then forgetting each
as I went to the next. So, I'll be a general and still love every minute of
it. Life is what you make it and I'll take advantage of what I have and not
worry about what I don't.

I'll be on in a couple of weeks and will find you on 40.

Phil

Philip LaMarche
LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.
www.instantgourmetspices.com