[AMRadio] Re: I'll vote for 7190

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Tue Nov 25 22:03:14 EST 2008

> Unfortunately that sentiment is NOT felt by all. Some are inclined to
> shift their operations below the general portion and chastise us that
> are General Class.
>
> I get one chance a year to test when the local club does its Hamfest.
> Otherwise I have to travel around a hundred miles or so.
>
> Bob - N0DGN

I don't understand why they even bother to keep restricted
General/Advanced/Extra subbands.  Incentive licensing proved to be a dismal
failure in terms of its originally intended purpose (to enhance the
technical knowledge, competence and operating skills of the U.S. amateur
radio community), and the concept has pretty well been trashed anyway, with
both the FCC and ARRL quite obviously accepting the notion of amateur
radio's evolution from a technically oriented endeavour to a "communicators'
hobby".

As far as the SWBC stations vacating 7100-7200, I'll believe it when I see
it.  Many foreign countries have paid little or no attention to
international frequency allocations in the past, and it is doubtful they are
going to suddenly "get religion" and start complying now.  Maybe enough of
them will go away that we will be able to at least find an occasional hole
between the SWBC signals, and some Europeans will be able to operate up in
that frequency range.

Don k4kyv