[AMRadio] 7190 and/or 7195

Ed Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 28 14:17:19 EST 2008

My understanding of SSB reception (after 40 years of hamdom) is that SSB ops are not
bothered too much by AM signals unless we  splatter or unless they  plop down  where they
can hear our carrier.   Notch filters and DSP work wonders in that instance.  We, with our
comparatively wide receivers get the most QRM.   Unless the SSB op is  a lid (and far too
many are),  and is running  preamps, and a noise blanker, he will not notice us.    Then
thee is the problem of received bandwidth, which is a whole other  can o' worms.

Ed, VA3ES