[AMRadio] 7190 and/or 7195

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Fri Nov 28 18:21:53 EST 2008

I think not!
I often listen on both, and ssb can get right up to an AM signal and not even know it, causing all sorts of racket on the AM signal.

I was also surprised at some of the modern gizmo's on new rigs, like auto notch.
My pro3 has this, and it will eliminate a carrier, even when it moves around fast, and it hardly changes the ssb audio quality.

Every time I hear an ssb signal destroy an AM signal I want to hear, I switch to ssb and cant even hear the AM signal....
Its pointless (in my book) to fight them, move or deal with it, or turn the stuff off.

Brett
N2DTS