[AMRadio] ceramic tubes

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Sun Oct 12 18:19:30 EDT 2008

Re: ceramic tube testerI think the 4cx300 tubes are even cleaner (lower distortion) then the 4cx250 tubes.

I have tried various loads, and the 4cx250b and 4x150a tubes seem to not mind the impedances being off somewhat.

In my book, the only real downside of these type tubes is the forced air cooling.

I have a blower that pressurizes the underside of the chassis, which also helps cool anything under there, and have a variac on the blower, its a big blower turning slow so its not loud.

I have variacs on the modulator power supply and the RF deck, and can play with impedance a lot, but I cant say I hear much difference between various settings.

Brett
N2DTS