[AMRadio] 160m AM receiver project

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 23:28:49 EST 2008

My 160m AM receiver project is done.  It was based on parts from a
Zenith 5-tube broadcast radio (actually the same model as our family
kitchen table radio when I was a little kid) but I pulled variable cap
plates and
added a few parts to move it up to 160m and create a better band-spread
across the dial.  I was also able to get a double-humped response on
the
antenna tracking and avoid the need for a front panel antenna trimmer
control.

http://www.wd8das.net/160mRX/160mRX.html

The picture of the front panel was snapped at the moment it was
receiving
one of the crew on 1985 kHz.  The signal was about S9+15dB on my other
receivers.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/