[AMRadio] Re: GB> 160m AM receiver project

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 08:42:25 EST 2008

>Did you take the guts from an AA 5 and just move it up?

That's the idea, with a few mods such as pulling plates and a series
cap to get a better tuning bandspread.  I wanted the antenna tracking
to still work so I wouldn't need a front panel antenna trimmer control
- that seemed challenging.  But as I removed plates from the antenna
section of the cap, and turns from the antenna coi, I got to a point
where the parallel trimmer dominated at one end of the band, and the
variable cap at the other, causing a broad double-humped response on
the antenna peaking that worked out well for the 1800 and 1900 kHz
sections of the band.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/