[AMRadio] 160m AM receiver project

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Mon Oct 27 17:49:02 EST 2008

Good deal!
Its not far removed from my homebrew receivers.

I DO tune the input network separately, but its broad banded enough to where
I don't need to retune it much, only large frequency or band jumps need
retuning.

I did separate the osc and mixer tubes, used a good 455khz filter, and did a
little more with the AGC and a low distortion detector, but the basic
circuit is the same.

I have pushed the design up to 40 meters with very good results.

When you consider the table top radios had no real antenna, they can work
amazingly well when you use a good antenna on them. There is no lack of
gain!

Brett
N2DTS