[AMRadio] RE: 160m AA5 receiver to AM Xmtr project

Larry Szendrei ne1s at neandertech.com
Thu Oct 30 16:36:02 EST 2008

Cool! You could even arrange a mechanical bandswitch to yank out the slug
or jam it back in ;-)

On 75M it was probably mixing with a harmonic of the local oscillator, as
the image of the broadcast band would be from 1450 KHZ - 2510 KHz
(assuming the radio was designed to cover 540 - 1600 KHz and the IF is 455
KHz).

The AA5 I'm planning to convert used octals too, which is why I suggested
the (octal) tube lineup I did for it's next incarnation.

73,
-Larry/NE1S