[AMRadio] Diode demodulator appnote

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Tue Sep 2 10:52:07 EDT 2008

That is an interesting article Jim.
	And it was a very good explanation about the distortion and its
reason.  I'm not 100% sure yet but I think there may be a mistake on the
last two monitor examples.  The schematics seem to be the same.  I will need
to look them over better when I get home this evening.

I'm sure there are deficiencies in any demodulation system.  It would be
interesting to see the comparisons to others systems such as the infinite
impedance detector or the synchronous balanced product demodulators
(supposedly one of the best).  One thing I know, that it is not forgiving
when it comes to an AM signal with a small amount of 60HZ phase or frequency
modulation.  But that is really a XMTR problem.

I bet a guy could write a book about demodulation systems comparisons.

I love this stuff but got to get to work now.
John, WA5BXO