[AMRadio] Time for some AM activity "down below".

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sun Sep 7 23:36:36 EDT 2008

As the summer QRN is now beginning to subside, the 3870-90 Ghetto is getting
crowded in the evening.  The last few days I have managed to stir up AM
activity on 3675, 3685, 3695, 3705 and 3720.  Mostly SSB ops who tried out
the AM function on their transceivers for the first time.  This evening I
worked Gary, W7FG.  He said he got rid of his old 450TL's modulated by
833A's rig years ago, but he was on a Flex Radio and sounded very good.

Plenty of wide-open space "down below", but we need some more AM activity,
before dead-air slopbucket groups start squatting on all the usable
frequencies.  I suggest moving around and everybody not settling in on just
one or two frequencies.  I heard some Europeans on 3705 Friday or Saturday
night, but they were on SSB.

Don k4kyv