[AMRadio] 75 Meters Tonight

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:56:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Jim Wilhite <w5jo at brightok.net> wrote:

>  If tonight is an indication 75 is going to be a coast to coast band this winter.

Careful, Jim - you'll jinx it!  (o:

Last fall started out great, then the band started going long earlier
and earlier, until it was going long at 5:30PM most days. Problem for
us back east was that we couldn't hear each other, and no one out west
of us was home from work, done with dinner, and so on.

It's really nice down in the 80m portion of the band. Worked Brian
WA5AM and the Big Dawg down around 3705 last fall or early winter.
Haven't heard Brian again since, thanks in no small part to the lousy
conditions last winter. Did get to work coast to coast again, though.

Here's hoping for better propagation this year -

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ