[AMRadio] Re: "down below"

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 15:44:54 EDT 2008

I totally concur.

We have repeatedly gone back and forth on this, where people who are creatures of habit wish to have a stable, reassuring place to go, and prefer to have someone or some group specify where that is.

I **do** agree with the value of established zones for AM activity, but I also encourage a balanced willingness to MOVE elsewhere when there's a clear spot on the dial.

We should be unfettered at having the complete use of phone privileges matched to our license class.

The resurgence of AM enthusiasm the past 15 years has really caused chronic congestion in the so-called "AM Windows," a point Don, yourself, and many others have made.

We can have both, you know: a known place to hang, and additional places as conditions warrant.

Here's a thought --- contesters have said their complete consumption of certain bands is situational, not full-time, and that bystanders who don't wish to participate should just find another spot. Is there something in there for us to adopt?