[AMRadio] Testing a TR Switch

k0ng at inebraska.com k0ng at inebraska.com
Sun Sep 14 11:57:19 EDT 2008

Hello Mike: If your Wattmeter is sensitive enough to show 100mW to 1 Watt
and you applied say 100 Watts to the switch and the Wattmeter showed
less than 100 mW, I would think that would work to test the B&W switch
for use with
tube type equipment. For a sensitive solid state receiver, I would hope the
"feedthru" would be less than 10 mW.

You would need two 50 Ohm loads (or a resonant antenna for the transmitter).

The above is exactly how I test my B&W/Johnson switch's. Just my opinion.

Also, dont forget to connect your Low Pass Filter to the antenna connector
of the switch. The switch has been known to produce harmonics.

Good Luck es 73, Charlie,  K0NG  ..