[AMRadio] 7160 tonight

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 11:06:52 EDT 2009

Todd, KA1KAQ wrote:
> Was everyone 'listening' or did someone actually call CQ? Sounds like
> the Collins guys had some fun on 7165, but I bet at least one of them
> must've at least thrown out their call to get things rolling.

Bob WØYVA started it off after his east coast section of the CCA AM net
wrapped up at 8 pm  Eastern.  My buddy Larry WA9VRH who coordinates the
AM night jumped in with some 5-landers and did a good job with just his
G-76.  By the time I figured out  how to re-tune the newly restored
Globe King 500B here the AM activity seems to have disappeared or moved
elsewhere, but it was fun while it lasted.

I've advocated to Larry that we continue the 40 meter session after the
CCA AM nights, maybe just as a roundtable or callling frequency, to your
point, rather than as a formal net.  Regardless it's great to hear so
many ham signals on 40!  Sounds like a whole new band.

73, Bob W9RAN