[AMRadio] 7160 tonight

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:37:55 EDT 2009

Good deal, Bob -

A number of AMers have been testing the band over recent weeks in
preparation for the BC exodus as you know. My hope is that folks don't
fall into the same rut of 'listening' that they did after the band
expansion, with no one bothering to call CQ. That approach, along with
getting locked to one particular frequency, promises results akin to
the mess around 7290.

I've got some serious antenna work to do here in the next 2-3
weeks(picked up much of the stuff at Timonium), but am hoping to get
the 40m dipole slung up temporarily later today and lashed to the
32V-2 if the rain stops. Won't be much of a signal, but 40 tends to be
more forgiving of that.

As an aside, was reading through some old emails printed out back in
the mid-late 90s that surfaced when the Johnson Kilowatt desk was
cleaned out recently. Found one from you in which you described
obtaining your SX-115 that had been used as a mouse house, the Li'l
Lulu, and other items of interested. Talk about a time capsule!

Hope to work you soon on your new 'Glob Queen'. I've always liked that
transmitter.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4