[AMRadio] 7160 tonight: Suggestion

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Thu Apr 2 21:00:12 EDT 2009

You had to be on 75, 40, or 20 AM in 57 and 58 to really appreciate the
problem. In the evening 75 and 40 phone segments were wall to wall AM QSOs.
The hetrodyne noise was terrible. During the daytime the 20M phone segment
was the same way.

At this time SSB was the new kid on the block.

The advantage of AM is that you do not have to critically tune the Rx if it
is a classic BA. The VFOs of that period were also not precise.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Kent (Seattle), Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"