[AMRadio] 7160 tonight: Suggestion

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 03:26:47 EDT 2009

   I don't like drifting. Ever since getting interested in Amateur Radio
as a kid, frequency accuracy and stability has always been a major
concern to me.
  Am currently using a PTS 040 synth to drive the Viking II. It is
zero-beat cal within a cycle or so of WWV and with a TCXO reference it
stays put.  Can't swish with it but just a couple knob clicks and I am
wherever I need to be.
  The synth cost me about the same as 122s go for on E-Bay.

Bill,
KB3DKS in 1 Land