[AMRadio] 40 Meter AM

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 13:06:00 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Mike Duke, K5XU <k5xu at comcast.net> wrote:
> Is anyone on the air tonight?
>
> I have tuned 7.125 - 7.2, and haven't heard anything but SSB.

I listened a bit while setting up the temporary station, heard
WA4NJY(?) calling CQ around 7160 maybe around 8-9PM eastern. Funny
part was, the only antenna attached to the 75A-1 was the jumper
between the receiver and Dow Key relay on the back of the V-2, and I
was hearing him pretty well (along with several BC stations).  The
rain finally stopped this morning and the sun has shown since, however
winds have picked up to 30-40mph, which makes getting the 40m dipole
up even temporarily a challenge. Worst case scenario is, I get it done
tomorrow. Then I can throw a 100w signal into the mix from NC.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4