[AMRadio] 7160Kc - The Video

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 23:20:22 EDT 2009

We were talking Friday night about the idea of making a compilation video to show AM stations and how they sound. Here's an attempt.

Ideally, several of us in a good solid signal QSO could record our own transmission and reception, and we could "compile" the segments with transitions that would show an operator as he speaks, and then how he is heard at the other end.

Any of today's point-and-shoot JPEG cameras can do the job. This, for example was shot with a Canon A720IS. A good sized memory card (minimum 2Gb, preferably 4Gb) could capture several old buzzard transmissions and receptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtIzVm6lZY