[AMRadio] old BC AM FM or TV rigs

Jim WB5OXQ inb Waco, TX wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Sat Apr 4 13:18:22 EDT 2009

This was a fairly recent Continental 5KW transmitter, all solid state except
for the single ceramic PA tube  maybe a 4cx5000.  I figured little value for
ham so it was sold to another small station.  It would be very difficult to
get a bc rig into my shack but there could be room in the garage for one.
This weekend I have to lower the crankup and repair my 40 meter dipole that
fell in recent high winds.  I listen most evenings on 7160 but often hear
little AM.  I am told when I am on I am very loud in some parts of the
country.  I understand that 375 watts of carrier is all that is allowed on
AM.  I used to think it was 1KW back in the 50s when I used to visit my ham
neighbor.