[AMRadio] Drake TR-4

Robert Perdue kc0hfl at cox.net
Wed Apr 8 11:34:31 EDT 2009

I have a TR-4 that keys up as soon as the tubes warm up. Replaced the 6EV7 no luck. Checked negative voltage to pin 2 of the 6ev7 it is down to 4 volts vox and antivox have some effect on the voltage I can put the tube into cutoff with -10v I have very little Drake experience any help would be appreciated. Both pots check good on vox/antivox as well as bias supply from power supply and plate voltage is good to the 6ev7 is this a common problem? Thanks.

Bob kc0hfl