[AMRadio] Is the novelty of the "new" 40m band wearing off already?

n9jcq at aol.com n9jcq at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 15:03:10 EDT 2009

Don,
I can't speak to the day time, however at night, I have been hearing 1
and 2 calls fairly regularly.  Last night I heard several 1 calls
calling CQ while I was tinkering in the shack.  But you are correct
when you note the decline in activity.  Perhaps it is the DXers that
have crowded the band.  I have noted that there are several slopbucket
opps that have parked themselves within a KC or 2 of 7.160.  Perhaps
this is an intimidation technique, who knows?

I plan on listening to 7.160 for a while.  The signals are much
stronger than 75M due in large part to the better antenna system I have
for 40M.