[AMRadio] New Member -- Hello All

n. hutchins nhlawser at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 21:09:26 EDT 2009

My name is neil and I live in Bronx near the two Yankee Stadiums.   I have
not worked AM since my homebrew amp (4 x 572b) died about a year ago.   I am
soon expecting a Gonset SBG-201 and my research on web led me to the many
postings from N32DRB.   I want to fully convert it to 572b tubes with a
full  2700 vdc on the plates.

Most of my past AM operation was on 7.290 in the late morning (EST) where I
would chat with an older gentlmen that I have not heard in a long time.   I
hope to learn more about working AM on 80 meters.  I have an 80 meter dipole
that runs NNW to SSE in pretty straight line about 75 feet from the
ground.

I also hope to learn about Derb's experience with his Gonset.   My primary
radio is an Alinco DX-70.   That's about all for now I look forward to
reading all your postings in the future.
neil, ka2tus  / n2eye