[AMRadio] Is the novelty of the "new" 40m band wearing offalready?

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:04:23 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Bob Carpenter
<bcarpenter_tpc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> The "extra's" can't understand why "everybody" is not down there ! Might
> help if someone would pick a freq. that all HF ham's could use. There answer
> is get off your butt and up grade.

I don't think that's it at all, Bob - particularly since there's
virtually zero activity up in the General portion as well. Nor is the
answer to "pick a freq.'" as that simply boxes us in and sets up
expectations for the anti-AM crowd to insist 'get back where you
belong'. Upgrading is always a plus (I'm only a lowly Advanced, my
license class doesn't even exist anymore in the testing structure!)
since it allows you full access to all amateur privileges, but at the
end of that day - getting on the air and off the internet is the only
way to improve activity - regardless of mode. The only 'radio season'
is the one we choose to impose personally. Static and interference -
intentional or otherwise - have always been an issue we've had to
contend with.

Those who want to operate will be on the air, those who just want to
talk about it online will continue to do so.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4