[AMRadio] Is the novelty of the "new" 40m bandwearing offalready?

Tom Chesek tchesek at epix.net
Thu Apr 23 10:25:12 EDT 2009

Al,

I think that most Hams realize that the knowledge gained by advancing to
Extra has nothing technical to do with the band priviledges you gain by
advancing. You need no additional skills to be on the extra portions of the
bands than what you already have for General. If you have the ability to
memorize then go ahead and do it and then have use of those additional
frequencies. I was not in the hobby when the incentive licensing was put
into place but the government should have licenses and tests based on
technical needs, not on enticing you with greater band priviledges. But...it
is what it is and you have to play the game.

Tom K3TVC